broken tracklogs

Home Forums FS Support broken tracklogs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jug
    Participant

<p>I have a pilot with a very broken tracklog. He swtiched his GPS on and off several times during his flight. I have tried to save all of the segments as a single flight but the scoring does not recognise this. Anyone got a solution?
    </p>

SteinS
    Participant

What method did you use to save all the segments ?

jug
    Participant

I saved them together. When you save the tracklog GPSDump asks you which one you want to save. You can select all and save that as one. I guess this was not the right thing to do since the scoring was off. What should I do?

SteinS
    Participant

Assuming you are downloading from a Brauniger/Flytec GPS, even if you select all, each part is saved as a separate log in the .kml file. You are not concatenating the tracks.

You could try the beta of version 4.24. First you save the tracks in individual files (or all in one file). Then you open them in the correct order. You should be asked if you want to append the one read to the existing one. See my homepage http://www.gethome.no/stein.sorensen/ Any signature is invalidated in the resulting track.

dcf
    Participant

Hi Stein…
    I’ve got a similar problem…
    In the last round of our regional league, two pilots had several problems with their instruments…
    the first one lost the signal for a while…and then was ok again…
    so the result is that he made two separate tracks. I appended the second one to the first with gpsdump, and everything went in the right way also in FS (except for the kilometers that the pilot lost in his track…)

instead, the second one with a Flytec 5030 lost the signal several times during the flight…but he noticed it. So he was forced to wait near the waypoints to have the satellites back.
    Ok…the result is that if you look at the track with Compegps, for example, it has a start and an end with several straight lines to link the holes of the track.
    If you open the log with Gpsdump and you save it in Competition Mode, apparently there are no errors (only if you activate “track log filter” appears a window with “Position(s) have been removed during track speed analysis”).
    The new igc and kml file for FS are created….but FS recognize only 13 km on 56 total….
    …and if you open the kml with google earth, you see all the kilometers of the track…

how to solve it and give the total points earned to the pilot?

p.s.: I’m working on his igc file because i was absent the day of the race… and the file was downloaded with compegps (they told me that with gpsdump was impossible)

Thanks a lot
    Davide

Oyvind Ellefsen
    Participant

Did you check the IGC file for errors? Did you look at the part of the IGC file where FS stop scoring the pilot and why it stops there?

– Oyvind

SteinS
    Participant

It turned out that the GPS had serious problems. There were several periods (a couple more than 4 minutes) where the position was stationary. So I guess that FS has a filter for such events.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.