Classes, Teams, custom attributes and reporting

Home Forums FS General Classes, Teams, custom attributes and reporting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ste

<p>From: Matthew Rosser<br />
    Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 3:13 PM<br />
    …<br />
    Is it possible to setup in FS a Teams system whereby we can run say 5 Pilots / Team with different bonus values for the different classes of glider ??</p>
    <p>These are values we will be using in an up coming Comp as a fun &#38; encouraging method of getting the lower airtime pilots feeling more involved in the Comp.</p>
    <p>Would it be possible to enter the Bonus value for each pilot and to generate an overall Teams Score ??</p>
    <pre>
    Open Class Serial Class Sports Class Fun Class
    LTF 2/3 EN-D LTF 2 EN-C LTF 1 – LTF 1/2 EN-A/B
    Male 1 1 1.6 1.8
    Female 1.2 1.4 1.8 2.0
    Veteran(55+) 1.2 1.4 1.8 2.0
    </pre>
    <pre>
    </pre>
    <p>Another question with regard to generating reports, is it possible to generate a report for each Individual Class ??</p>
    <p>Open obviously scores the entire field.<br />
    LTF 2/3 would also score LTF 2, LTF 1/2, LTF 1.<br />
    LTF 2 would also score LTF 1/2, LTF 1.<br />
    LTF 1/2 also LTF 1.</p>
    <p>With RACE it was possible to score the Classes so as a lower Class was also Scored in a higher Class.</p>
    <p>Not very effectively though I might ad as you would have to use up all of the 4 attributes allowed.</p>
    <p>Not so good if you needed more than 4, which was normally the case.
    </p>

ste

In FS you can enter as many custom attributes as you like.

So for your case I suppose I would create the following attributes:
    “Serial”, “Sports”, “Fun” with the value “yes” (or something other than empty).
    Then put all “Serial”, “Sports”, “Fun” pilots in “Serial”. All “Sports”, “Fun” in “Sports”. And all “Fun” in “Fun”.

If you want to special report with only a single class then I suppose: “Class” attribute with values “Open”, “Serial”, “Sports”, “Fun” will do.

A bit of work to enter the data but …

For the bonus value I think the simplest way is to put the results in a spreadsheet and do it from there.
    You can copy and modify the result templates so that they produce results in any format you like so something like a tab delimited text file or a simple html table that Excel will read should be possible.
    I also think the std. templates produce html that one can copy/paste into Excel with fairly ok result.

One thing you might want to add/change in the std. reports is to show the custom attributes as columns in the report.

As an example of how to get hold of custom attributes:
    Find the line
    <xsl:value-of select=”$comp_pilot/@sponsor”/>

in “task_result.tkr.xsl”

Replace it with

<xsl:value-of select=”$comp_pilot/FsCustomAttributes/FsCustomAttribute[@name=’team’]/@value”/>

and you get the value of the custom attribute “team”.

I just noticed your ticket at http://fs.fai.org/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/ticket/116.
    Good, we’ll look into that. Variations of this issue has been asked about by others too.

Stein-Tore

dlhenke
    Participant

My little contrib ..
    put in the name of pilot [class]
    gen the report
    select all in the report ( tables )
    paste in to a excell
    Apply the formula.
    I allready have done this to “Circuito Sul Mineiro de Parapente” here in Brazil.
    http://www.xcbrasil.org/reg/sm/?a=rs
    and for the Jaragua Open
    http://www.xcbrasil.org/reg/oja/?a=rs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.