FS 1.2.13 instalacion en LINUX Ubuntu

Home Forums FS Support FS 1.2.13 instalacion en LINUX Ubuntu

Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    pablo_largo
    Participant

<p>Quería instalar el FS en Ubuntu a trabes de Wine. Lo necesitaba para una competicion que queremos hacer entre Cantabros y Astures (España) ¿Sabe alguien como hacerlo?<br />
    Gracias de antemano
    </p>

pablo_largo
    Participant

I wanted to install Ubuntu on a FS hindrance of Wine. I needed it for a competition we want to do, and Cantabrians Astures (Spain) Does anyone know how to do it?
    Thanks in advance

Oyvind Ellefsen
    Participant

Hi!

FS is written in .NET, and it’s not easy to make .NET programs run in Wine. I’ve used to install VMWare server on Linux, and run FS inside the Windows VM.

You can try some of the tricks here;
    http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

But I do not know if it will work, I’ve never tested it.

If Stein Tore will have the time to open source the code we can look into porting FS to run on Mono under Linux.

Best regards,
    – Øyvind

pablo_largo
    Participant

Buenos dias Oyvind.
    He conseguido que funcione en Wine el FsFlight.exe pero no consigo que funcione el FsComp.exe.
    He instalado a traves de “winetricks las librerias de .net.2.
    Gracias de antemano y estais haciendo un buen trabajo.

Oyvind good morning.
    I got it to work in the Wine FsFlight.exe but I can not operate the FsComp.exe.
    I installed via “winetricks of the libraries. Net.2.
    Thanks in advance and are doing a good job.

Janne
    Participant

Hi Pablo,
    I got FsFlight, FsComp and GPSDump to work with wine in PuppyLinux.

Best regards
    Janne

pablo_largo
    Participant

Hola Gente.
    Solucionado el problema.
    he actualizado a wine 1.1.26 y ya me corre perfectamente FS 1.2.13.
    Gracias

Hello People.
    Fixed the problem.
    I upgraded to wine 1.1.26 and I already runs perfectly FS 1.2.13.
    Thanks

danielvelez
    Participant

Hola Pablo.

Tengo Ubuntu 9.10 corriendo en varios equipos, y aunque de alguna forma he logrado poner a funcionar FS bajo ubuntu, es bastante lento. Además, gpsdump no funciona bien bajo wine porque no logro configurar los puertos com y usb. He ensayado gpsdump para linux con línea de comando, y logro descargar los vuelos del Compeo+ pero realmente es un problema cuando se trata de manejar una competencia, porque gpsdump no se automatiza como lo hace bajo windows.

Me preguntaba qué tan bien está corriendo tu versión y qué versión de linux estás utilizando.

Lo que tengo en mente es hacer un “live USB” o un “Live CD” que tenga fs preinstalado y funcionando, de forma tal que baste poner el usb o el cd en cualquier computador que se consiga, para poder manejar todo un campeonato.

Por ahora, sigo con la opción de iniciar mi netbook en linux o en windows xp.

To everybody, sorry for speaking on spanish.

In a few words, I was asking what version of Linux is working for running fs. Im using ubuntu 9.10 and somehow managed to make it work but gpsdump is a mess under linux and cant get it to work automatically under competition mode.

Also was wondering if we can make a LiveCD or LiveUSB with FS pre-installed under wine, in order to have a “whole package” that runs out of the box, so one can just put the livecd on any pc and run the competition scoring seammless.

Janne
    Participant

Hi,

I got FS & GpsDump working at puppylinux.
    I would recomend to use puppy linux insted of Ubuntu, due to that whole environment is loaded in ram (very fast) and is booted and from USB memory stick.

So no need to bring PC,n only USB. Plug in and boot…:-)

Best
    Janne

Oyvind Ellefsen
    Participant

Janne,

Are you using the Windows version of GPSDump under Wine? Does it work with both USB and Serial interfaces for the GPS’es?

There is no problem hosting a image here, but someone needs to test and maintain it as we have newer versions coming out.

Best regards,
    Oyvind Ellefsen

Janne
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve using windows version under Wine
    Only tested USB
    In Linux it’s not possible to call USB direkt.
    U have to set a symbolic link to a com port and use that com port as usb

Best
    Janne

Janne
    Participant

If U want to use a bootable USB stick, I recomend to use
    http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
    where U can download and install different Live distribution (including puppy)

Best
    Janne

Oyvind Ellefsen
    Participant

OK, Cool!

Could you do a quick writeup on how you did this in the Wiki?

I’ve created a page here;
    http://fs.fai.org/wiki/Installing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.