Garmin Oregon and Colorado in comps

Home Forums FS General Garmin Oregon and Colorado in comps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    markgraham
    Participant

<p>Hi<br />
    Just wondered if anyone has come across the Oregon and Colorado series from Garmin. There is a post here that suggests they should not be used in comps:<br />
    http://www.paraglidingforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17314</p&gt;
    <p>I believe we can download the track directly from the instrument using gpsDump and the igc file will have the G record put in correctly. Meanwhile FS scores the kml file that has no ‘G record’ equivelent (correct me if I’m wrong) but as the scorer we trust the downloads we do ourselves.</p>
    <p>So I think we can still use these instruments but am open to critisism!</p>
    <p>Thanks</p>
    <p>Mark
    </p>

SteinS
    Participant

Normally, when GpsDump reads a track log from a file, neither the .igc nor the .kml output file will have a G-record/signature. The only exception is if the source file is a .kml with a valid signature.

markgraham
    Participant

OK, so if the file is internally saved to a file system then it is not really valid because it could be tampered with.

The question now is whether the device’s memory can be read and the track ‘downloaded’ as is the case with most other units. This to me is unclear.

Cheers

Mark

rafalopez
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.