Jump the Gun

Home Forums FS General Jump the Gun

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    fredrik
    Participant

<p>Now I think it is impossibly to know from the detailed score result if someone jumped the gun and started early. This might get it hard to know what happened on the task. </p>
    <p>About the calculation. We have a real tracklogg with real start and finish times. FS calculate new start and finish times based on the jump the gun factor. </p>
    <p>The time points is based on the new start and finish times and depend thus on the jtg factor, a jtg factor of 1 give no penalty </p>
    <p>The arrival points is based on the new finish points always result in a penalty compared to the real place or time in goal. This is true also with a jtg factor of 1. </p>
    <p>The leading points seems to be calculated from the original tracklogg. </p>
    <p>I am not sure there are a correct way to score this but the implementation don’t seem to be in accordance with the FS guide because the arrival points depends on the JTG factor. </p>
    <p>The leading points might also be a little strange because now is it possibly that a pilot that start very early and flies fast get a lot of leading points but the fast pilots that used the correct start time get almost none. </p>
    <p>This case seems also be discussed in the GAP 2002 manual and they say that the pilots starting after the first start time should be compared to the first start time instead of the time the first pilot start and the early pilots should be compared to their own tracklogg. This is the same as moving the early pilots tracklogg to the first start time. This make it possibly for a fast pilot starting very early to get a lot of leading points but the pilots starting at the right time can also get a lot of leading points. I think this make more sense.
    </p>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.