Open Source?

Home Forums FS General Open Source?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nxcl
    Participant

<p>Are FSComp, FSFlight etc Open Source projects? If so, how does one get the source code?
    </p>

Oyvind Ellefsen
    Participant

Not yet, the plan was to have a fully functional and “known good” version of FS before open sourcing it. It’s made in .Net

Are you a programmer, and interested in helping out?

– Oyvind

nxcl
    Participant

Yes, I am and Yes, I would. However, not entirely sure what kind of help you are looking for and/or whether or not my skills would meet your standards?

Oyvind Ellefsen
    Participant

I guess Stein-Tore should answer as the programmer, I’ve not done much on the programming side for now.

Stein-Tore – We were aiming for a Open Source version 2.0, is this still a goal? Or is there anything you would like to have some help doing?

I might suggest a standard way of providing translations, since we seen to have some eager Spanish and Portuguese speaking users it might help with adoption.

Or maybe prepare some groundwork for realtime scoring in the future, when we log the tracklog via bluetooth and 3G while we fly?

– Oyvind

Oyvind Ellefsen
    Participant

I guess Stein-Tore should answer as the programmer, I’ve not done much on the programming side for now.

Stein-Tore – We were aiming for a Open Source version 2.0, is this still a goal? Or is there anything you would like to have some help doing?

I might suggest a standard way of providing translations, since we seen to have some eager Spanish and Portuguese speaking users it might help with adoption.

Or maybe prepare some groundwork for realtime scoring in the future, when we log the tracklog via bluetooth and 3G while we fly?

– Oyvind

Dawson
    Participant

I am also, and would also be happy to help out where I can.

Oyvind, you suggested making it multi-language capable. With .net, this can be a very simple task, which once the groundwork is done to create the first .resource file, and the application is modified to use that resource file by default, it’s a very simple task to pass the file on to anyone who offers to create the foreign language .resource files, which can then be added back into the project.

When you guys do decide you would like to have some assistance on the code, add me to the list of programmers you can call on.

Regards,

Dawson

galevsky
    Participant

Please, let us know when the code will be opened, since we will be able to make cross-platform GUI, in Java for example.

Regards,

Galevsky

Oyvind Ellefsen
    Participant

Someone might be interested in this?

http://www.fai.org/hang_gliding/node/1193

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.