Penalty not affecting score of other pilots – why?

Home Forums FS General Penalty not affecting score of other pilots – why?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ste

<p>Is this really ok?</p>
    <p>It has traditionally been this way with GAP. Penalties should be applied after the points has been calculated.</p>
    <p>We have a case now in the Norwegian League round this last weekend,<br />
    http://www.kkpg.no/index.php3?id=682<br />
    ,where the fastest pilot score 1000 points, second 938 points.</p>
    <p>The fastest pilot is then penalized 100% for cloudflying, so the second pilot moves up to first place but keeps his 938 points.</p>
    <p>Why should he not get 1000 points?</p>
    <p>He is in fact being slightly penalized too for the other pilot’s cloudflying.</p>
    <p>Stein-Tore
    </p>

rafalopez
    Participant

my opinion:
    is partially correct, while the pilot went into cloud and was therefore penalized.
    note that the 2nd has not led, as for 1000 pts.
    But I think you should get more points for speed .-

Oyvind Ellefsen
    Participant

As of leading points I think it is correct to “penalize” the second pilot. The first (cloudflying) pilot is probably leading and the second pilot may have the advantage of following the first, then the second pilot should not score as well as if he was alone in the front.

Pilots are all influencing each other in the air, I think this is the reason for calculating the scores and then apply penalties. (We do not recalculate scores when scoring a subset of pilots in acomp, right?)

– Oyvind

rafalopez
    Participant

I feel the same about points of leader point.
    the previous translation was not correct 🙂 ( sorry use the google traslator)

it is possible that a pilot should get 2 points rate calculated as if the pilot is penalized, not arriving at goal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.