PWC 2009 Scoring System

Home Forums FS General PWC 2009 Scoring System

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    luciano.gallo
    Participant

<p>Dear all!<br />
    Is there anybody devoloping (or thinking to develope) a score module for PWC 2009 Scoring System for FS ?
    </p>

ste

Looking into it, seems the specifications is not fixed yet, only a draft in the 2009 rules and this is not very well described either.

If anyone can clarify it would be good.

Stein-Tore

ste

I have worked out how the PWC 2009 scoring formula is intended to work now (I think).

The base of it is GAP.

After scoring with GAP the following takes place:

– tasks with winner GAP score >=700 gives 1000 PWC points to the winner (the other scores adjusted accordingly).
    – tasks with winner GAP score <=200 gives 0 PWC points to the winner (and the rest), ie the task does not count anywhere.
    – tasks with winner GAP score >200 & <700 gives from 4 to 1000 PWC points to > the winner using the formula (x-B)(2*A-B-x)/(A-B)^2) where x is winner GAP score, A=700, B=200 (the other scores adjusted accordingly).

So, this is simple to achive, but why to do it I’m not sure…

In reality it is just a way to change the behaviour of the Day Quality calculation that GAP does (based on nom. dist., time, goal).

Stein-Tore

ste

It is not clear (from the rules or the comp reports) what GAP parameters are used.

It does look like they used
    – Distance Points
    – Time Points
    – Leading Points
    – Arrival Time Points / 2 !!
    – Min. Dist = 5
    in Korea.

ste

“- Arrival Time Points / 2 !!”

Actually they have, by design or error, used the OzGAP2005 style Arrival Time Points but with a twist:

m_fAvailableScoreArrival = 1000# * m_fDayQuality * (1 - m_fDistanceWeight) * 1 / 8

(as used in normal GAP Arrival Position Points) instead of

m_fAvailableScoreArrival = 1000# * m_fDayQuality * (1 - m_fDistanceWeight) * 1 / 4

which is used by OzGAP2005.

Stein-Tore

ste

Does anyone have the task definitions for the PWC that was i Brazil?

Stein-Tore

ste
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.