Scoring formulas, code, docs, etc

Home Forums FS General Scoring formulas, code, docs, etc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Oyvind Ellefsen
    Participant

<p>Hi!</p>
    <p>Stein Tore is currently flying (And helping scoring) the Nordic Open, seems like they have had plenty of flying so far and he’s probably busy.</p>
    <p>One of the goal of the FS project is to make the code open source, including the scoring formulas. Stein Tore have done a great job of coding, and he wants to do some "tidying up" of the code before releasing it open source.</p>
    <p>I hope we can get some progress on it soon, there is tons of potential for expanding FS if we can get some more developers interested. The solution for automating GPSDump from the Brazilians is great, and it would be a shame if they have to duplicate efforts to make their own system. There is lots of interesting things happening with live tracklogs, mobile applications, and integration with maps and other webapps.</p>
    <p>There is also a separate effort in the CIVL scoring working group to make an updated and official documentation of GAP, including code examples from FS. Agust Gudmundsson is leading this work, with input from Brian Harris and Stein Tore.</p>
    <p>Here’s what Agust wrote about the status of docs;</p>
    <blockquote><p>The documentation on the GAP formula is really needed.<br />
    Stein-Tore started some of it, but we need more from him, so I and Brian can take the document from that point.<br />
    I have been really busy and Stein-Tore also, but we must finish this soon, so if Stein can put some work into it now it would be good.<br />
    It is not only the GAP parameters, but every single options of the scoring formula and its function and effect on the scoring.<br />
    We want to include graphs when helpful, and even show some of the program code in FS for more details, possibly as an appendix to the explanation.<br />
    We have some Cat1 competitions this summer so having it out before that would be helpful.</p>
    <p>For the GAP parameters, they are to be decided at the first TL briefing.<br />
    Brian has made a draft sheet to use at this meeting to publish the parameters.<br />
    By having this template we are sure the TL will have all the required parameters of GAP and the scoring formula decided on, and not forgetting any of them.</p>
    </blockquote>

stavel
    Participant

Ok… I understand that developers don’t have currently time to finish the documentation and tide up the source code before releasing it to the world.

But.. Please! Is it possible to send me by mail the source code of formula .dll’s. I’m ready to “take the risk” of reading messed code.
    I need to know the exact way of calculating leading points in GAP with FS, not only the explanations of Angelo.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.