Tasks scored with manually assigned points

Home Forums FS General Tasks scored with manually assigned points

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pegas
    Participant

<p>I recently upgraded from FS 1.1.7 to FS 1.2.6. However, there is change in new version in a way how is calculated GAP2002 leading coefficient. I score local championship which is divided to several dates, and I don’t want to loose exact points of completed and published task. </p>
    <p>I know, if I avoid touching old tasks with new FS the points would be the same, but I would feel better, if I have option for assigning points manually, because they are safe against inadvertent opening of old task.</p>
    <p>The second reason for manually assigned points is, that in the beginning of the august we organise traditional international contest Podbrezova Cup ( http://www.zelpo.sk/sport/rogalo ) which is the last competition of Slovak, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, (sometimes Ukrainian) championship. We are sometime asked to produce not only the results of Podbrezova Cup, but also the results of several nation’s championships (with their own old results created in various systems). </p>
    <p>I solved this request easily in RACE by creating old tasks with manualy assigned points. It was quicker and less error prone solution, than tinkering with several Excel files. However, in present, there is no way how to do it in FS.
    </p>

ste

At the moment there is options to assign penalty points that is subtracted from the points given by the scoring formula or penalty as a % of points given by the scoring formula (negative penalty means reward).

As you say, assigning the actual points (overriding the scoring formula) is not possible now.
    I have created a ticket for it (http://fs.fai.org/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/ticket/120) and will try to get it into next version.

Stein-Tore

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.