TIED PLACES

Home Forums FS Support TIED PLACES

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eduardo
    Participant

<p>It seems that FS does not allow tied places.<br />
    Maybe it takes pilot times with decimal points of the seconds.</p>
    <p>A task scored on CompeGPS+RACE when 2 pilots arrived at the same time at goal, CompeGPS+RACE scored the same amount of arrival points for both pilots (position) while FS gives one of them the winning spot
    </p>

Eduardo
    Participant

Well, some other tests done and a strange result:

they used the same tracklog for two different pilots, and FS scored one of the pilots winning over the other (more arrival points)

danielvelez
    Participant

I´m gonna try that too.

ste

FS does allow tied places as far as I am aware of.

If the FsFlightData element of two pilots in the same task in the fsdb file has the same distance (or time) then the scoring formula module will give both the same points in the FsResult element.

If you have a fsdb file where this is not the case, pls send it to me.

I have done a couple of tests now using same tracklog with two different ids (pilots) and the two pilots do get the same distance and also the same points and a tie in the task result report.

Stein-Tore

danielvelez
    Participant

I´ve done the excersize of using the same tracklog for scoring 5 pilots on a 20 pilot championship. As informed by Eduardo, the software placed them differently, even when they had the same start and end time, because they got different leading coef. scores.

I´m using latest 1.1.5 version.

The strange thing is that I can´t figure out how the software shorted out the ladder, as it´s not by pilot number.

I´m gonna post this as a Ticket and will try to place the tracklogs (modified) and the fsdb file.

rafalopez
    Participant

Daniel apology did not see your ticket, also believes a ticket for this problem.
    The case with classification time of arrival at goal.
    Pd: apologized for my bad English

ste

It was an error in finding end of speedsection ranking where one got different rank with same ES time.

This caused error when calculating Arrival position points for pilots having same ES time (very unlikely that it happens but you guys stumbled over it ;-).

Fixed in FS 1.1.6. See http://fs.fai.org/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/ticket/79

rafalopez
    Participant

Ok. Verified works.
    Results similar to RACE + COMPEGPS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.