Automatic Chop of Tracklog and Delete Pilots

Home Forums FS General Automatic Chop of Tracklog and Delete Pilots

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cappiuk
    Participant

<p>Hi,</p>
    <p>I’ve just run a competition for the first time using the new software. It’s very good and easy to use, but I did have a couple of questions – I’m sure they are easy, I just could not spot a way during the comp.</p>
    <p>When downloading a Tracklog from a GPS that is still active after the goal has shut, the log needs to be chopped at the point the goal closes. Using GPS dump I was able to download the log in the normal way, but then had to manually check if there were points after the goal time (by doing a conversion between UTC time and local time). If there were I had to manually select all the points before the chop and save them and also delete the original log from the task folder. Is there a way in GPS dump or FSComp to automate this process?</p>
    <p>I also had a few pilots not make it to the comp, after I had entered their names into FSComp pilot list. When I tried to delete them, FSComp crashed. I had to do the whole comp with pilots who did not enter on the list.</p>
    <p>Finally, I notice the updated method of calculating distance by taking the shortest route from the edge of the cylinders. When you have a large exit start cylinder, if you use this start at TP1 (as pilots are launching from there) then it can cut a large distance from the distance the pilot flew. Also if the start cylinder is large than minimum distance, the software credits them with minimum distance even if the flew further than this from the centre of the start cylinder. I solved this by adding the start as a 400m cylinder and then adding the larger start gate after. My question is, is there a standard size adopted for the size of the launch, as this affects the distance flow. I think it will be possible to start with a zero radius launch cylinder, to credit the largest distance flown?</p>
    <p>Steve
    </p>

ste

No need to chop of tracklog. When defining the task i FS you set date for the task and open/close times for the turnpoints. FS use this information to examine only the part of the tracklog within that time periode.

FSComp crashing when deleting pilots:
    Are you using v 1.2.6? For me it seems to work ok. Any others experiencing this problem?

Regarding task distance and flown distance in the task:

The normal would be to have first tp as a cylinder covering the take off area.

Default size for any turnpoint is 400 meters.

If you have a small cylinder it may be that some pilots do not have any valid tracklog-points inside this cylinder (the GPS may have been turned on to late before take off…). There is an option in FS (under Tools > Options menu) to “ignore missing tracklogpoints inside first turnpoint”.

Min size for a turnpoint cylinder in FS is 1 meter.
    So setting tp 1 radius to 1 meter combined with “ignore missing tracklogpoints inside first turnpoint” will give you a longer task and flown distances.

If this is more correct than measuring from the edge of a 400m radius cylinder is a matter of opinion. On some take offs everybody take off from the same spot, other places you have several 100 meters to take off from …

Stein-Tore

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.