Need Some FsComp Help

Home Forums FS General Need Some FsComp Help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AaronColby
    Participant

I run a local friendly league in Southern California but am still learning the ins and outs of competition scoring. I have a few questions:

1. What is the point of using Time Points & Arrival Position Points. It seems that using these in tandem completely negates any lead points. My understanding was that lead points should cause a pilot that lead the way in front of other pilots all day but was passed on final glide to get enough extra points to still place in front of those other pilots. Using time points and arrival position points seem to double the value of coming in faster and make lead points rather worthless.

2. What are arrival time points vs time points?

3. I’m also running a junior XC league where I want to completely disregard time points and score based on this formula: (distance flown/total task distance) x 1000
    Basically just rewarding total distance flown without any bell curve effect. I’m a programmer so if I had to modify some of the XSL or similar, it would be well within my abilities.

Cheers,
    Aaron

Joerg Ewald

Sorry, I missed this (still don’t get alerts when somebody posts here, unfortunately, and I forget to check). Fortunately, Aaron asked the same question on paraglidingforum, and I answered it there:

http://www.paraglidingforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=63641

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.