Some info about GPSDump

Home Forums GpsDump Some info about GPSDump

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SCDBob
    Participant

<p>Hello,<br />
    I’m using GPSDump to download tracklog and I found it a very well done software, but I have some question about problems that I had not solved by myself. </p>
    <p>1)KML always has statistics like "Distance over 5 points", "Distance over 3 points" etc. How can I avoid to have those information in the tracklog?</p>
    <p>2)Is the GPS serial number saved in KML files? It seems that the GPS serial is saved in the .kml only when the competition mode is on. </p>
    <p>3)What is the function "set track gap time" under the menù "misc"? What is useful for? What is that value?</p>
    <p>Thanks for helping me. </p>
    <p>Roberto
    </p>

SteinS
    Participant

1) Not possible. Maybe it is time to redo the “Flight statistics” dialog box layout. Not sure that many use the detailed information. I could add a box to tick to omit the information in the .kml file.

2) A GPS product information text string is always included in the “FsInfo” tag. This does not always include a serial number.

3) The track gap time is used when you initiate a save of selected track log points. GpsDump scans the track to see if there are gaps that are larger than the value you have set. If there are GpsDump will present you with a list of possible tracks. Some older instruments (e.g. Log_It) just had one big track.

SCDBob
    Participant

1) I think that for users it’s better to choose whether to calculate statistics or not, saving time if statistics doesn’t needed

2)It seems that GPS info in the tag “FsInfo” aren’t saved when open an IGC files (downloaded with CompeGPS) in GPSDump and save it in KML. Someone else can confirm it?

SteinS
    Participant

1) It is the triangle optimisations that can take a long time to compute (rarely more than 30 seconds on my laptop). These can be skipped by setting the “Loop flight gap” in the Misc menu to zero. The remaining statistics should take less than a second, unless you have a really really old computer.

2) GpsDump don’t extract any GPS info from IGC files, so there is nothing to save.

SCDBob
    Participant

Hello Stein, thanks for the tips!

Roberto

Anonymous
    Inactive

Akaralar,

That would make sense about the calculation, but can anyone show me the formula for how the points are calculated?

You’re right that using time points and arrival time points uses time twice. That’s why we don’t do that. I was correcting the error by the scorer when I noticed the difference in arrival points using the 2 methods.

Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.