Unusual competitions format, can't get FS to acknowledge tracklog

Home Forums FS General Unusual competitions format, can't get FS to acknowledge tracklog

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SonofRojBlake
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to administer an ongoing local comp in a bit of an unusual format. We’ve set fifteen standard turnpoint cylinders near our most popular local site, and the challenge is simply to fly them in numerical order. Anyone can enter any time. Flying the first three is very very easy, but subsequent ones get harder. So far the best anyone has managed is eleven.

Up to now I’m verifying the flight by eye on Google Earth, but this can get time consuming and as more people start to participate it might get impossible.

I’ve set up the task as an “Open Distance (Heading)” task with the relevant waypoints, and I’ve got what I’m pretty sure is the qualifying IGC file for the guy who did 11 cylinders. I’ve done my best to follow the instructions for use of FS, and I have the task visible in FSFlight, I have the guy’s name on the list as a participant, and I have the task showing correctly in FSComp.

When I right click on his name, I can click on a button that says I can import his tracklog… but nothing seems to happen. And when I click “Check Tracklog”… nothing happens. In FSFlight I can’t get the tracklog to display. I know it’s OK, I can SEE it if I open it in Google Earth, but nothing FS-related seems to see it.

What am I missing?

Did you try with the tracklog in KML format? Are the dates and times in task and tracklog corresponding?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.